Thursday, May 17, 2012

Warlord Games Mounted Roman General WIP 1


A quick snap of Warlord Games Roman general (it's the mounted "Hold The Line!" fella with the running dog). The finish on his armor looks way rough in this pic. I don't know if it was the ambient light set up, or if his armor really does look that crummy up close.

There aren't too many photos of this particular model painted up. I cobbled together a paint scheme from a few sources, in particular the grimy bronzed armor I saw used by another painter. (Man, the finish on his armor is so much smoother!)

Armor: I started with a grimy mix of Vallejo green brown mixed with metallic gold, washed with Devlan Mud, highlighted with gold, and with details and trim picked out in silver.

Red Tunic: A mix of the Citadel red foundation paint and Vallejo Carmine Red, washed with Devlan Mud, and highlighted with Carmine Red.

Leather: Vallejo Leather Brown and Game Color Beasty Brown.

Will probably tackle his horse tonight, but I'm dreading it. I've painted hundreds of humans, but only six horses. I stink at horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment